How do I improve the connection of WaveAnalyzer to a network with high latency and time out issues?
To allow the WaveAnalyzer GUI to work on a network with high latency, you can change the timeout to deal with the time delay in sending and receiving signals to the WaveAnalyzer:
- In WA GUI click on File –> Open WaveAnalyzer Data Folder
- Open WaveAnalyzer Configuration Settings (WaveAnalyzer.ini) with a Text Editor.
- “MeasureTime” relates to the time taken for the program to download a measurement from the WaveAnalyzer.
- “ConnectionTimeout” relates to the time taken for the program to get a response from the WaveAnalyzer.
- Both these values can be increased to improve the connectivity. In both cases start by doubling the default value to see if the connectivity improves.